NEWLY REVISED WORKSHOP
Communication and Customer Service Skills for Diverse clients
A refreshingly new understanding of communication
Intercultural Works offers an interactive course where participants work their way through barriers that all humans use when faced with difference and difficulty so as to break through their own barriers, why we exclude, how stereotyping works, understanding prejudices learnt early in life and what happens if left unexamined.
This course lets participants learns the following skills to enhance:
- To understand the complexity of language for migrants and refugees new toNew Zealand.
- To explore multiple identities that means people do not necessarily exhibit behaviour that is culturally congruent.
- To examine how well we think and speak clearly.
- To examine, evaluate and take responsibility for own communication skills, regardless of intention
- To understand that personal perception is not always shared.
- To understand what promotes inclusion and exclusion of people who are different.
- To understand that no one is prejudice-free and how it can be managed.